Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Collars

Maybe the heading for this entry should have been "Collared" because it's really about the collars I wear and that are locked by my beloved Mistress.

To many slaves and submissives the collar is a very important symbol of their status and belonging. My opinions on collars are a bit more complex. I have once had a collaring ceremony real-life and even if it was supposed to be a grand moment for me I really did it more because it pleased my Master than for my own sake. The collar in itself never had any great impact on me as an ownership symbol but was more a pleasant reminder and a convenient attachment point for a leash or other bondage.

In Second Life I wear two collars (usually) locked by my beloved Mistress. The probably most important one is an invisible OpenCollar with which my Mistress or the ones she chooses can control many aspects of my Second Life. To me it’s mostly both a convenience and sometimes an inconvenience. Since my Mistress has granted me secondary ownership to it I can use it both to change outfits conveniently and to visually perform services or assume poses using animations in the collar. I wore it like that as an unlocked attachment for some time before I begged my Mistress to lock it on me. Once locked it however prevents some attachments to find their spots and forces me to manually position them which is a task I truly hate sometimes. But I still enjoy the knowledge of my Mistress having the control over me the OpenCollar grants her even if she seldom uses it to its fullest.

The other collar I wear is a much visible RealRestraint Serious Shackles one. Originally it was just part of a full set of Serious Shackles I wore for play or when it pleased my Mistress. One day she just decided to keep the key to it instead of handing it back after play and I was and still am really happy with that decision. What really made the collar important to me though was when she put her name on it stating I was her girl. After that I always want to wear it and I do it with pride. It's not to brag about my belonging to her even if I have every right to be proud of that considering how highly appreciated and respected she is. It's really mainly because it shows she cares enough for me to put her name on me. I would have treasured wearing that collar just as much even if her name had been on the inside of it where only she and I would have known about it.

My Mistress every now and then checks the time I have worn that RealRestraint Collar and tells me how many hundreds of hours it has been locked on me. I have understood that to some submissives and slaves that is very important but to me the only importance is if it makes my Mistress happy. Even if I don't want it to come off it wouldn't bother me if those timers would be reset. The only reason I can see why I would like to have it off sometimes is when it interferes with other things I'd like to wear and that need that attachment point like e.g. my lovely RealRestraint shibari ropes. Otherwise I think the grim collar matches even e.g. elegant gowns well as a kind of counterpoint accessory.

I also love the simplicity of my Mistress' owner tag on that collar. Just a simple "W's girl" but even if I think part of its simplicity is because of textual limits it still says so much. I will probably never be a "slave" in the sense most people put into that word even if I once thought I wanted that. I doubt I even live up to the standards many people associate with the word "submissive" even if that is how I mostly regard and name myself, the latter to at least give people a hint of my leanings. But I definitely am my Mistress' girl and truly want to belong to her and be permitted to try and obey and please her to the best of my ability.

So even if collars in general has no great symbolic meaning to me those two locked on me by my Mistress really are important to me for various reasons. But her hold on me would be just as strong even without any symbolism and the control the collars grant her over me because of my love and respect for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment