Sunday, May 16, 2010

Flirting guide

I've come to realize how many more suddenly show an interest in me when my profile no longer clearly states I'm taken. Before I had rather few politely commending how well my Mistress had obviously trained me. Now I seem to have a lot more people requesting my attention, friendship, submission or expecting me to take any form of abuse as soon as I show myself outside the little hole where I usually hide. In one way it's flattering and I'm no less a girl than that I appreciate the attention and flirting but it also soon becomes tiresome the way most approach it. Therefore I decided to put together a little guide on how to flirt with Suzie, even if I'm aware of that most of my "admirers" probably will never read it. Also, please note this is about me and not a general flirting guide.

1. Wake me up.
I'm sometimes busy and may not see things in open chat, especially not if you've been "professional" enough to turn off your typing sound and animation. I also often cam in a way so I may miss you even if you stand just a meter away from me. Knock me on the shoulder with an IM if you want to make sure I don't miss you.

2. Be interested.
Do me the courtesy of at least reading some of my profile if you pretend to be interested in me and use it to form your approach. Don't use standard copy-and paste clichés when you approach me even if you think they're great enough to be used with a thousand attempts of flirting. Chances are I won't share your opinion on their greatness.

3. Be civil.
Don't automatically expect me to accept or even less appreciate rudeness or other abuse just because I'm a submissive. I know some other submissives do but I very rarely do at least on a first date.

4. Come to the point.
I'm usually straightforward and appreciate you being it too. Are you interested in me because you need directions, want to know where I bought my shoes, want to compliment my hairdo, want to chat with someone in general, want to discuss my scientific interests, want to discuss BDSM, would like to tie me up or would like to fuck me? It can save us both a lot of time and energy whether it's because I politely tell you off, try to help you out, or hand you my keys and spread my legs for you.

5. Communicate.
Try to find time to read my responses. If I request input on them, explicitly or implicitly, I appreciate getting it. A monologue may be good from a good speaker, but very few are that good. I like discussing and responding to responses. Sometimes I may want to finish a long input before I respond to yours but I almost always get back to it in time.

6. Don't over-interpret.
If I don't answer right away it doesn't mean I'm not interested or even busy with something. Mostly it's because I start checking up your profile before I reply.
If I don't answer at all and I'm still or animate the same all the time it usually means I'm AFK and not that I ignore you.
If I do answer it doesn't have to mean I'm ready to hand you the ownership of my collar, my keys and spread my legs for you.
If I call you "Sir" or "Miss" it's not because I'm already submitting to you but because your profile and other circumstances make it feel appropriate to show you that courtesy.
If I occasionally don't call you "Sir" or "Miss" despite you expect it, it's not because of disrespect but usually because you make me feel relaxed enough to permit some slip. Live with it or correct me.
If I offer you a hug it doesn't have to mean you have my eternal devotion but it's mostly because I like hugging and you seem huggable to me.

7. Do over-interpret.
If I don't answer at all but obviously am there, it means you should try your luck elsewhere.
If I consequently don't call you "Sir" or "Miss" despite you think your profile or other circumstances demands it, it means your profile or behavior makes me feel you've disowned the right of me calling you so.
If I call you "Master" or "Mistress" it's because that's what I want you to be for me, at least temporarily.
If I hand you my keys and spread my legs for you, and I need to explain it to you, forget I did it at all.

8. Have a good profile.
I'm a manic profile reader because I'm interested in the people I meet. I read presentations, groups, interests, picks and look at pictures. Therefore the profiles that turn me away are in order:
Empty profiles: usually means not much of a personality.
Nonsense or "cute" profiles: waste of bad ammo on me.
All quote profiles: I'm not interested in gurus but in you.
Bitter profiles: usually proves a destructive person in chat.
Ego profiles: don't try and tell me how good you are, prove it.
Role-play profiles: I prefer the real you to fairy-tales.

9. Be real or role-play realistically
I am the real me here as in "real-life" and prefer to believe you are too. I don't demand you to be truthful but at least be believable. If you present yourself as a Gorean slaver, a medieval knight or a superhero, I will see you as an actor and even if I may play along a bit if I'm in the right mood, I won't take you seriously and probably get bored quickly. If you role-play abusive or an asshole, I will see you as such and back off. If you role-play a furry, I will seek the person behind the mask just as I would if I met someone in a mask in real-life.

10. Respect friendship is friendship
I reserve my friends list for those I see as real friends and those I see as showing real potential of becoming such. It's very rare I add "friends" after a first meet with a few short chat exchanges. I know most use their friends lists differently but I expect that a no to a friendship invite will be respected if I give the reason for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment