Thursday, June 10, 2010

Friends, names and ideas

For once I slept long this morning, so I didn't have much time in Second Life. I spent it at first Sir R's place and then at my job, trying out a few new toys and examining the remaining new dungeons at my job. I must admit I'm disappointed with the rebuild at my job, taking away both much of the individual charm with many of the old dungeons and playgrounds, and many of the toys and furniture I liked.

This evening there will probably be no Second Life for me due to some real-life fun with friends. It's the first time in several weeks I meet some of them, and I've really had a bad conscience for neglecting them because of work and Second Life.

I discovered this morning that the clever name scheme I developed to present my friends on this blog but still let them keep some integrity doesn't always work out. The main problem is that when I started out, I had so few regular friends that collisions between the initials I use here were rare. I guess that has changed some lately. Before posting this blog I went through old posts and corrected some in them.

The major flaw was I mixed up s, a former slave sister still locked at Sir R's place, with a more recent friend, now named Miss s here. I also was inconsistent with using Miss and Mistress for some mainly domme friends of mine in a few places.

The naming convention I try to use consistently now is a common initial for submissive friends. Friends who are neither submissive nor dominant I will try and use a capital initial for. In some cases I may also use it to differentiate between friends, like with my favorite submissive amazon P and my former slave sister p still locked at Sir R's place.

With some girlfriends showing switch tendencies at least towards me, I may add a Miss before their initial, also partly to differentiate between them, like with my friend m and my colleague Miss m who played with me once, or my former slave sister s and my switching friend Miss s. Mainly dominant friends get a Master, Sir or Mistress before their initial.

I will probably not give new acquaintances own names in this blog before I know or believe they will be reappearing in my Second Life, and it's in no way meant to be disrespectful to them. I suspect I may need to revise this naming scheme again in the future, but I would hate having to start calling friends things like s3 or m7.

Related to the subject of friends and former slave sisters, yesterday it was exactly 4 months since my time as slave at Sir R's place ended. It's amazing both how fast time has passed since then, but also how much has happened. In a way it feels more like 4 years would have been required to make all the things that have happened possible. The time at Sir R's also was a kind of new start in Second Life for me, and the only friend I have left since before that time now is my guardian M.

Yesterday morning my guardian M dropped me a landmark for a suggested parcel for me to create my own home in Second Life. It's 1024 square meters in a lovely green area with a few other tasteful buildings and sloping down towards a river, even if it's not directly on the water. He said earlier that he could buy me a parcel of that size and let me use it for free, since it's within his present tier limit.

When I was there I couldn't help noticing a large area for sale at a seemingly decent price just neighboring the parcel M suggested me. The disappointment with the rebuild at my job, some ideas I got in other places and the decision to learn to build well enough to at least personalize my home with some own touches started some wild ideas in my head.

I am thinking about trying to create a public BDSM place after my own head. I want a place combining information, playgrounds, shops and art in a pleasant environment including gardens and secluded places for private meetings. The idea is probably not very novel, but I've never seen a twist of it quite to my taste.

M has got a lot of good information, partly already available at his institute, from which I already have permission to publish it on the web, and a lot more from an old web community of his. He has also produced some lovely BDSM art. I also know of some other BDSM artists and art photographers I would like to offer a place to exhibit their work. I would also like to offer a hand-picked selection of vendors from the very best creators of BDSM furniture, toys and clothes, and put up some of their items for use in the playgrounds and dungeons.

I'm no shrewd business woman, so I doubt I would ever make such a place break even, especially not since I'd be very discriminate about vendors and activities there. But I would really love to try and create such a place for people with similar views on and tastes in BDSM as myself. The cost is no real problem for me, but I would probably need some help with both learning to build and texture good enough, some scripting and management of the place.

Probably the idea will just remain a dream, owing to either bigger difficulties than I can foresee or simply because the place will be sold before I get around to it. I will however try to talk to M about it and hear his views on it, and if he will be able to help any with arrangements and building. After all, in one way it would be much like joining and extending his work with his gallery and institute, which has come to a halt now because of him lacking time and inspiration to continue it.

No comments:

Post a Comment