Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lag and job

When I entered Second Life this morning I found myself in lag hell at Mistress W's place. It seemed to be worse than ever. But at least I caught Mistress W for a hug and some chat about the lag problem. Miss T also showed up, and a girl who was trapped in a glass cage belonging to Mistress W. Mistress W decided to leash her just to keep her out of more trouble...

The lag kept me so long, before I had managed to set myself up to continue dancing on Mistress W's dance poles, that I was late for my real-life job. But at least it gave me a chance to actually meet my guardian M online, as he showed up to take care of his slave that he had left at Mistress W's place. Mistress W's nice maid also showed up, but by then I was so late I barely had time to say hi to her before I had to rush off to real life.

When I returned to Second Life this evening, I had a rather sporadic chat with my friend c, who wasn't feeling very well. Since I was all alone and the lag still stopped me from doing anything useful, I decided to put in a couple of hours at my job instead. I ran into my closest boss there and found out she had been promoted from manager to CEO. I was very happy for her sake, because she's really nice and deserved that. It was also heart-warming when she hugged me and told me I had been missed, since I haven't been there much lately.

I took the chance to check around on the continued progress at my job, after the reconstruction, and discovered among other things that I'm on pictures tied up at most of the dungeons there, after the photo shoot I helped out with a while back. I also found two brand new dungeons and an extra big aquarium tank with a full mermaid shop in it. I also chatted some with a visitor who seemed really heart-broken over a break with someone recently.

When I returned to Mistress W's place to let my avatar keep dancing there, the lag was still as bad. Before leaving Second Life my friend m came online, so I got a hug from her and a few words of chat before signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment