Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Bargains and crib sheets

This has been another day with nothing much happening because of a long and late real-life working-day. I spent a couple of hours at my job in Second Life this morning. It felt very lonely when I saw none of my friends online, and even at my job the place was almost empty. I comforted myself by starting to explore the huge mall there systematically for the first time. The mall is so rich that I only had time to cover the first floor of three but I found vendors from many of my favorite creators, like Think Kink, Real Restraints and T&T, plus a lot of hot fashion shops that made me all drooling and got-to-have.

When I returned to the welcome area, I found two visiting kitten girls caught up in conversation there and even if I didn't want to disturb them, they soon had me joining their conversation. It ended up with me buying an almost unused set of very nifty RF Secure Cuffs from one of them at a 30% discount, because the girl selling them had no use for them. The new restraints seem to hold a lot more bondage positions and options than the Real Restraints and Mesmerize Dungeon ones I've usually used so far. I only had time to browse the possibilities briefly while at work though, and some things I probably need someone else to try out on me. There also seemed to be a small HUD problem which the seller promised to try and help me straighten out next time we both are in Second Life, since I had to leave for my real-life job.

While I've been exploring the grounds at my Second Life job, I've been thinking about putting together a crib sheet covering the playgrounds, dungeons, clubs, and now the mall there, to be able to better assist visitors who are looking for particular items or settings. The place is a bit overwhelming, and I discovered even a manager showing me around a couple of days back found some new places while doing so. I realize it will be a lot of work but I think it could be worth the effort, also to more easily find my own way around the place. Now the idea has expanded in my head to make that compilation directly available to others as well, e.g. on this blog.

I already have some experience checking up and adding to the landmarks my guardian M offers at his places. Now I'm thinking about expanding my crib sheet idea a bit by also compiling landmarks I enjoy myself and present here on my blog as SLURL's. Combining such a landmark map with crib sheets for the various places could make this blog a bit more useful to others and less boringly egocentric than it is now. I probably still will keep writing little reports about my doings the days something worth mentioning has happened, but lately I feel like I've been running on empty quite often when I've been blogging. In a way I'm already testing the idea of presenting more structured and useful information with the changes and additions I did to my blog yesterday.

The one thing that makes me a little hesitant about changing my blog is that some of the new information, such as locations, may reveal a bit more about me or those close to me than I'm quite comfortable with. I'll probably need to check with some people if they're OK with me doing so, like my guardian M, Mistress W, Sir R and the Mistress who owns the place where I work. I'm also not quite set on going ahead with the idea yet, but need to ponder some on its possible implications.

No comments:

Post a Comment