Friday, May 14, 2010

Encounters

This morning I met my friend c in Second Life as she was waiting, hoping to see her Master. They've both had a tough time and their relationship has been tense for some time, which has meant c has been quite distressed. It is sometimes hard to find a balance between being there for her and not clinging onto her. The problems I've had myself lately has also meant I haven't always been as supportive or sensitive as I really should be. This morning I was very happy to see her Master come online to see her though, and I sneaked away as quickly and discretely as I could without being rude, to give c and him time alone.

I then went to Sir R's place and had some distraction trying out the new BDSM furniture and toys he had installed there since I last took time to look around properly inside his castle. Since I did a thorough job, it took quite some time before I was done, and I was tingling quite a bit from the experiences, despite much of it were items I had seen and even tried out before at other playgrounds, dungeons and shops. I also met a girl there who shared my interest in breast bondage, and we spent some time together talking while I demonstrated my own creations on that theme to her.

I really needed to log off to catch a few more hours of sleep real-life after that, but I was just too up in speed to be able to go back to bed, so I instead went to my Second Life job. I actually never clocked in there but just hung around the welcome area in hope of finding someone nice to talk to and relax a bit. There wasn't many there at that time of day, and I was just about to leave when I suddenly received notice someone had tipped me big-time. I was quite surprised since I hadn't done anything or talked to anyone, but I contacted the person who did the tipping to say thank you.

The tipper turned out to be someone I had just walked by in the welcome area a while earlier but hadn't wanted to bother since he seemed busy. I asked him about the tip and he said it was because he had found pleasure in reading my profile from the staff map on the wall. Even if I was really on my way back to bed real-life I decide to at least thank him in person so I returned to the welcome area and found him still there.

The tipper turned out to be a dominant male with a rather special avatar, resembling a young Marlon Brando but with a small body and an over-sized head. He was really extremely polite and pleasant, and I didn't mind answering his questions about neither the place nor me. Finally he asked me if I wanted to show him some of my favorite spots, and even if he made no secret about what he was up to, I really didn't mind since I felt very comfortable with him.

I took him to a shibari area, and he didn't really need to tell me to demonstrate the items there for him. He just asked me about what was my favorite, and off we were. It turned out he wasn't familiar or comfortable with the aids available, like RLV and relays, so I had to go back to old school and carry out the actions he described in his emotes for him. However, he turned out to be such a good emoter it never became really disturbing. Somewhere along the line I reached a stage where I wished he had taken real control over me though.

Our little "demonstration" lasted for almost two hours, and even if I must admit I might have felt a little bit obliged by his generous tipping to start with, I didn't regret it and would gladly have done it without any tip whatsoever, if I had known what was in store. When we parted he went back to the welcome area and paid another very generous tip to my jar there. I felt almost offended by it, but when I messaged him to tell him he said the tip wasn't for my services but just because he wanted to boost me to the highest tipped employee then.

It seems to be rare with good male emoters in Second Life, and this guy was really one of the best I've encountered so far. In fact the only ones I can think of measuring up to him regardless of gender is my former Mistress W, her girl Miss t, and Sir K who was once trained by Mistress W. Also, his very gentle and polite touch throughout, without making a caricature out of it, was unusual for a man, and I felt as comfortable and relaxed with him as I usually only do when girls play with me.

I probably engage a bit too much in those visitors I connect with at my job to be a really good greeter and guide, since it means I at least partly neglect other visitors. I also should become more selective in letting people come close to me and befriend me, and not let them do it just because they've managed to sweet-talk me once or even twice.

When I started out as greeter and guide, I was told I would not need to remain single for long unless I wanted to. I thought then there would be sleazeballs approaching me that would be easy to tell off, but I've realized now the problem is I'm connecting with so many seemingly nice persons it actually can become a burden to me. I don't want to give people any false expectations, but even if I try to be frank with them, I'm afraid many over-interpret my politeness and believe they are coming closer to me than they really are. Several, both visitors and staff, have told me they think I'm very sweet, but even if it's flattering it may become a problem in the end, with people being hurt because they feel I've mislead them with my responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment