Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Another half day

I entered Second Life this morning at a time when there usually is quite a bit of action and people around. But none in my friends list was online and when I visited Sir R's place it was dead. Some visitor happened by just after I got there but I didn't really feel like being social with strangers, so after a few short exchanges with him I left for my new job as a greeter and guide in another BDSM sim. Maybe it was not the best of things to do in my mood but when I have a part to play, a function to fill, it still works for me. The BDSM sim was also almost empty. After clocking in and changing clothes to the lovely shibari dress I got as a gift a little while back, I started looking around the place a bit to learn my ways and the ropes since there weren't any visitors to take care of anyway.

I want to be able to help visitors and give them hints and recommendations what it's all about, so therefore I went sightseeing myself. The sim contains 1 mall, 2 clubs with different kink theme and 8 dungeons or BDSM playgrounds in various flavors. I got literally stuck in a display area at the mall with a lot of neat and sometimes really lovely BDSM furniture intended both for demonstration of the furniture, for visitors to try them out and for staff to be around offering their services as guinea pigs and hopefully receiving some tip for it. When I had tried out all the furniture on my own I returned to the landing zone and ran into a colleague there.

The colleague was a girl who seemed to have been there for a while. She gave me some hints about dos and don'ts, even if there don't seem to be any real rules about it. She also helped me setting my relay up so that people can grab me for use on BDSM furniture and similar but still not making me get stuck there forever. I really don't like the safeword option in the relay, but I see the sense in it since some visitors just take off and leave their victims captive. Even if I would be cheating using the safeword I also feel I have a responsibility to my employer. I don't do much good if I'm locked up in some dungeon forever and can't perform my intended duties, even if I get paid as long as I'm in the sim.

My colleague and I discussed some about relationships after the setup and slightly tingling testing of the relay on some of the furniture. I don't think I would have minded very much having her play with me a bit, since she seemed nice and admitted to being a switch, but I'm not ready to be collared by her or anyone else like she seemed to take for granted I will do as soon as I have gotten over the break with Mistress W. I have needs and I may seem sluttish about having them fulfilled, but I know it will still be some time before I can make a new commitment that does both a new owner and me justice.

I also messaged some with Sir I for the first time in several days. He seemed pre-occupied so he might have been helping out some friend with his tool-kit again. Even if I try to look sober on it I guess it hurt my trust in him more than a little with him expressing things in such a misleading way to me. Sir J at least was honest with me and told me he was busy on a slave hunt when I messaged with him last, and even if it may have made me a bit jealous I still appreciate his honesty.

Today has been another very late day at my real-life work and after sleeping just a few hours each of the previous nights I'm dead tired. I just replied to some messages from friends when I got home, before making this blog entry and after that I will head for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment